Looking younger doesn't have to involve complicated procedures with long recovery periods. Injectable Juvederm offers a simple way to smooth the lines and wrinkles that make you look older or tired. The dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, share a few things you should know about Juvederm.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm treatment increases facial volume and plumps sagging skin, decreasing lines and wrinkles. The filler is composed of hyaluronic acid, a fluid that's naturally found in your body.
Who can benefit from Juvederm in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown?
Juvederm can improve your appearance if you have moderate to severe lines, wrinkles, and folds. It's an excellent choice if you're concerned about:
- Loss of Volume in Your Cheeks: Loss of volume is an unfortunate consequence of aging that can cause your cheeks to sag. Adding a little Juvederm lifts your cheeks, enhancing your appearance.
- Nasolabial Fold and Marionette Lines: Nasolabial fold lines reach from your nose to the corners of your mouth, while marionette lines extend downward from the corners of your lines. Both types of lines can be softened with Juvederm.
- Thin Lips: Collagen improves the elasticity of your skin and keeps your lips full. As you age, collagen production begins to decline, which can thin your lips. Juvederm plumps the lips, restoring the lost volume.
- Vertical Lip Lines: Vertical lip lines due to smoking or aging disappear after Juvederm treatment.
- Creases: Juvederm is also a good solution if you have creases around your nose or between your eyes.
- Under Eye Issues: Loss of volume due to aging is particularly noticeable under your eyes. Juvederm restores volume and offers natural-looking results.
- Scars: Do you have a few noticeable scars after a teenage battle with acne? Juvederm injections can fill those depressions that have plagued you for years.
How long will Juvederm results last?
Juvederm is gradually absorbed by your body and generally lasts nine to 12 months. Fortunately, it's easy to maintain your improved appearance by scheduling regular follow up appointments. Call the dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, at (973) 267-0300.