Experience the benefits of Juvederm in Mt. Arlington, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ through the quality care of the team at Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatologic Surgeons.
How Juvederm Works
Juvederm is a popular option for people wanting to regain their skin’s youthful appearance. It utilizes hyaluronic acid, which is a sugar that the body naturally produces. It helps hydrate and plump the skin, which can fight volume loss due to aging.
How Long Does It Last?
There is no set time frame for how long you’ll experience the benefits of Juvederm in Mt. Arlington, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ. Typically, they do not last longer than 18 months, though they can begin to wear off much quicker.
The hyaluronic acid in Juvederm is absorbed by the body, and how long it takes to be completely absorbed depends on several factors, including:
- Which treatment you choose- There are a few types of Juvederm, some of which are thicker than others. The thicker it is, the longer it usually takes to be absorbed.
- Where you get the treatment- If it is injected into the lip region, it will not last as long as this area gets a lot of daily use.
- Your habits- If you smoke or do not drink much water, the hyaluronic acid has to replace even more natural hydration. This means the effects will not last as long.
It’s better to have your next treatment before the effects of the last treatment completely wear off. That’s why most patients go in for a follow-up about 12 months after their first treatment. If you notice effects wearing off sooner than 12 months, you can schedule a visit with the experts at Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatologic Surgeons earlier.
Tips for Making Results Last Longer
While there is no way to make the treatment last forever, there are ways to get the most out of the treatment by extending the life of the results. Staying healthy and taking good care of your skin with the following steps can help:
- Exercise regularly
- Stay hydrated
- Eat healthy, balanced meals
- Wash and moisturize your face daily
- If you smoke, aim to quit
- Wear sunscreen if you’re going to be outside
To learn more about Juvederm in Mt. Arlington, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, schedule a consultation with the experts at Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatologic Surgeons by calling (973) 267-0300.