Posts for tag: Juvederm
Dermal fillers such as Juvederm have gotten a lot of popularity over the last few years. During this simple cosmetic treatment our Bridgewater, NJ, dermatologists inject a special solution directly into the fine lines, wrinkles and creases of the face to smooth them away temporarily. Here at Affiliated Dermatologists and Dermatologic Surgeons in Morristown, Bridgewater, and Mt. Arlington, NJ, many people are turning to Juvederm to get younger-looking skin. Find out more about what Juvederm can do for you,
How does Juvederm work?
Juvederm is a dermal filler that contains hyaluronic acid, which when injected directly into the lines and wrinkles of the skin fills them and increases volume.
Juvederm can be used on moderate to severe lines around the mouth, forehead, lips and eyes. It can also be used to plump up thinning lips.
What is the treatment process like?
During your consultation, you’ll discuss with our cosmetic dermatologist what problems you wish to fix with the help of Juvederm. We want to make sure that your treatment goals align with what Juvederm can offer you.
Since there is no surgery involved and this procedure is non-invasive the planning stage is quite simple. From there, we can perform the treatment. The treatment can take anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes, depending on what area or areas of the face we are treating.
Are there side effects?
Since Juvederm consists of hyaluronic acid, a substance that is already naturally occurring within our skin, this means that there are virtually no side effects or complications of getting Juvederm; however, it is common for there to be some redness, swelling or soreness at the injection sites for about a day after your treatment.
Is there a recovery process?
There is no recovery process involved in getting Juvederm. After your treatment, you can return to your regular routine.
Does it hurt?
When people hear injections they often get a bit squeamish, especially if the injections are going to be administered to the face; however, Juvederm also contains lidocaine within the solution, which helps to ease any discomfort. Furthermore, you can talk to our dermatologist about numbing the area prior to treatment to further reduce any discomfort.
When will I see results?
Unlike Botox, which can take days for results to show up, you will see results immediately with Juvederm.
How long will results last?
As with any dermal filler, the results are only temporary; however, you can expect for Juvederm results to last up to a year.
Located in Bridgewater, Mt. Arlington and Morristown, NJ, Affiliated Dermatologists and Dermatologic Surgeons can provide patients with the skin care they need. If you want to find out if you’re an ideal candidate for Juvederm treatment, call our office today.
Is Juvederm Right for You?
Many people are discovering the benefits of Juvederm treatments. This simple procedure can give you a more youthful look. Juvederm is a family of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers that are injected into the skin. Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatologic Surgeons in Mt. Arlington, Morristown, and Bridgewater, New Jersey, offers a variety of powerful dermal fillers to meet our patients' individual needs. Here are several signs that Juvederm may be right for you.
1. You want to get rid of acne scars.
While acne scars may fade over time, they often do not go away completely without treatment. Acne scars can be treated with Juvederm. The best dermal fillers for treating acne scars are fillers made of hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm. Juvederm fades acne scars by adding volume to them.
2. You want to erase facial wrinkles.
Juvederm eliminates wrinkles by adding structure and plumpness to the skin. Juvederm will smooth wrinkles by replacing the collagen lost due to aging or skin damage. The treatment will fill fine lines, hollows, and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes with results that can last from 9 months to a year.
3. You want to smooth away smile lines.
Don't be afraid to smile! Nasolabial folds, also called smile lines, are nothing to smile about. These lines and creases run from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth and are the result of the loss of facial volume as we age. Juvederm fillers smooth fine lines by filling in deep creases.
4. You want to make your lips look bigger.
Some people have noticed their lips thinning over time. Other people have thin lips and want to make them bigger. Your dermatologist can use Juvederm to increase volume in your lips. Juvederm can enhance the appearance of your lips by adding volume, shape, and structure. The effects typically last up to one year.
5. You want to enhance your cheekbones.
Wrinkles and fine lines aren't the only signs of aging. Over time, the skin may begin to sag and the cheeks flatten. This happens because volume is lost in the cheeks. Using Juvederm, your dermatologist can enhance your cheeks without surgery. Juvederm adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks to help create a youthful appearance.
Turn back the clock on aging today. Say yes to Juvederm! Call Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatologic Surgeons at 973-267-0300 today to schedule a consultation in Mt. Arlington, Morristown, and Bridgewater, New Jersey. With Juvederm treatments, you will look as wonderful as you feel. We want you to live your best possible life!
Would you like to smooth facial wrinkles and folds but don't want to undergo plastic surgery? Juvederm offers a minimally invasive way to improve your appearance. The dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Bridgewater, Morristown, Mt. Arlington and Liberty Corner, NJ, offer Juvederm and other cosmetic treatments that will help you look more youthful.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an injectable filler that counteracts the natural effects of aging and loss of facial volume by plumping problem areas with hyaluronic acid. Once volume is restored, wrinkles and folds are much less prominent. The acid is found naturally in your body and hydrates and cushions the skin. Results typically last nine months to one year.
Is Juvederm a good choice for me?
Juvederm is an excellent option if you want firmer, more youthful skin. Injections can help you:
- Combat Saggy Cheeks: Loss of volume in your face can cause your cheeks to sag, increasing wrinkles that make you look older. Juvederm injections increase volume, which lifts your cheeks and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Make Nasolabial Fold Lines Less Prominent: Nasolabial fold lines, the creases that bracket your face from the nose to the mouth, becoming increasingly noticeable as you age. Juvederm treatment offers a simple way to fill in the lines and turn back time.
- Erase Creases: Have you developed creases between your eyes or around your nose? A few injections will help smooth those troublesome lines.
- Fill Lips: Decreased lip volume is very common as you get older. Adding a little hyaluronic acid to your lips adds volume and can help you look a little younger. Are you concerned that your lips will look unnatural if you opt for Juvederm injections? Although some celebrities favor the over-filled look, your Bridgewater, Morristown, Mt. Arlington or Liberty Corner dermatologist can help you achieve a much more subtle look.
- Improve Undereye Hollows: Juvederm is an excellent solution if you have noticeable depressions under your eyes.
- Make Scars Less Noticeable: Acne and other types of scars soften and become less noticeable after just one Juvederm treatment.
Are you ready to enhance your appearance with Juvederm? Call the dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Bridgewater, Morristown, Mt. Arlington and Liberty Corner, NJ, at (973) 267-0300 to schedule an appointment.
Looking younger doesn't have to involve complicated procedures with long recovery periods. Injectable Juvederm offers a simple way to smooth the lines and wrinkles that make you look older or tired. The dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, share a few things you should know about Juvederm.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm treatment increases facial volume and plumps sagging skin, decreasing lines and wrinkles. The filler is composed of hyaluronic acid, a fluid that's naturally found in your body.
Who can benefit from Juvederm in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown?
Juvederm can improve your appearance if you have moderate to severe lines, wrinkles, and folds. It's an excellent choice if you're concerned about:
- Loss of Volume in Your Cheeks: Loss of volume is an unfortunate consequence of aging that can cause your cheeks to sag. Adding a little Juvederm lifts your cheeks, enhancing your appearance.
- Nasolabial Fold and Marionette Lines: Nasolabial fold lines reach from your nose to the corners of your mouth, while marionette lines extend downward from the corners of your lines. Both types of lines can be softened with Juvederm.
- Thin Lips: Collagen improves the elasticity of your skin and keeps your lips full. As you age, collagen production begins to decline, which can thin your lips. Juvederm plumps the lips, restoring the lost volume.
- Vertical Lip Lines: Vertical lip lines due to smoking or aging disappear after Juvederm treatment.
- Creases: Juvederm is also a good solution if you have creases around your nose or between your eyes.
- Under Eye Issues: Loss of volume due to aging is particularly noticeable under your eyes. Juvederm restores volume and offers natural-looking results.
- Scars: Do you have a few noticeable scars after a teenage battle with acne? Juvederm injections can fill those depressions that have plagued you for years.
How long will Juvederm results last?
Juvederm is gradually absorbed by your body and generally lasts nine to 12 months. Fortunately, it's easy to maintain your improved appearance by scheduling regular follow up appointments. Call the dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, at (973) 267-0300.
Lips that are naturally thin or which thin out with time distract from other pleasing contours of the face. So do wrinkles and lines around the mouth and loss of fullness in the cheeks. You can overcome changes in facial shape and heavy lines and wrinkles that make you look older than you feel and act.
The answer? It could be Juvederm XC, Juvederm Ultra XC or Juvederm Voluma XC, a line of FDA-approved injectable gels which smooth wrinkles and add volume to sagging skin. The physicians at Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatologic Surgeons in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater and Morristown, NJ offer this FDA-approved pharmaceutical grade volumizer to qualified patients over the age of 21.
What is Juvederm?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons says that the key ingredient in Juvederm, hyaluronic acid, is a highly biocompatible substance naturally found around your eyes and in the connective tissues of your body. Besides providing skin elasticity lost over time and a cushioning effect to sagging skin, hyaluronic acid is used by arthritis and orthopedic specialists to relieve joint pain.
Prepared as Juvederm, hyaluronic augments thin lips, smooths "parentheses" lines around the mouth and adds youthful volume to the cheeks. It actually cushions these areas, say plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Effects are not permanent, but they are long lasting--up to 2 years for Juvederm Voluma XC applied to the cheeks.
While every medical procedure carries a risk of side effects, Juvederm's are minimal, with injection site swelling, tenderness and bruising lasting 2 to 4 weeks after treatment. Many individuals qualify for treatment. However, pregnant and lactating women must postpone Juvederm treatment. Additionally, people allergic to lidocaine may not receive these injections as lidocaine is the anaesthetic contained in the gel to ease discomfort during injection.
Treatment in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater and Morristown?
The award-winning medical staff at Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatologic Surgeons in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater and Morristown, NJ offer a wide range of treatments for medical and aesthetic conditions of the skin. Quality, convenience and a caring attitude are hallmarks of this outstanding medical practice.
If you would like to meet some skin care goals, including smoothing age-related wrinkles, call the friendly staff today!