Posts for tag: wrinkles
Wrinkles. With time, they happen to all of us. At Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatologic Surgeons PA in Morristown, Mt. Arlington, and Bridgewater NJ, our 10 skin doctors and their staff offer medically-proven cosmetic skin procedures to smooth skin and rejuvenate personal appearance. Know your options, and get that makeover you've been wanting! Skin Cosmetic Procedures Morristown NJ is safe and highly recommended.
Why does our skin change?
Many factors influence skin appearance, including your overall health, sun exposure, medications, smoking, and diet. Add in the years, and the loss of youthful skin components, such as collagen and elastin, and the muscular movements involved in facial expressions, and you have wrinkles.
Wrinkles appear across the forehead, around the eyes, between the brows and mid-face, too. Our professional team hears complaints about nasolabial folds, chin creases, and lip wrinkles.
Fortunately, Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatological Surgeons PA will help you determine how best to make lines and wrinkles less obvious. You'll receive a skin exam and medical history review to make sure you are healthy enough for our aesthetic services. Then, the transformation begins with skin cosmetic procedures Morristown NJ.
What we offer
Your treatment plan will be tailored to your specific rejuvenation goals. Here are some of the many services we deliver to our highly-valued patients at Affiliated Dermatologists:
- BOTOX, an injectable protein that restricts the movement of wrinkle-producing facial muscles. Results are immediate and last for several months.
- Juvederm, an injectable gel composed of natural hyaluronic acid. This well-tolerated therapy fills lip wrinkles, acne scars, and severe skin folding.
- Microdermabrasion, an in-office resurfacing of wrinkled and roughly textured or scarred skin. With several weekly treatments, microdermabrasion delivers smoother, softer complexions for all types and colors.
- Fraxel laser treatments, comfortable light-energy procedures that erase fine lines and wrinkles and give skin youthful glow.
- Infini, a micro-needling treatment that provides comprehensive skin rejuvenation, including lines, wrinkles, sagging, and more. You may need repeat treatments to achieve optimal collagen reactivation and plumping/smoothing results.
Look and feel great
With aesthetic services from your friends at Affiliated Dermatologists & Dermatological Surgeons PA, you'll achieve skin cosmetic procedures Morristown NJ that you want. Our cosmetic skin procedures are safe and fine-tuned to your needs. Call us for a consultation. We have offices in Morristown, Mt. Arlington, and Bridgewater NJ. Call 973-267-0300.
Tips to Help Reduce Wrinkles
- Protect your skin from the sun. Sun exposure is the leading cause of wrinkles. When you must be in the sun, always wear sunscreen and protective gear such as a hat and sunglasses. This will not only help you prevent wrinkles, it will also help prevent skin cancer.
- Moisturize. Dry skin turns plump skin cells into shriveled ones, creating lines and wrinkles prematurely. Skin that is moist looks better and retains the skin’s elasticity.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking causes premature wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth. It upsets the body’s mechanism for breaking down old skin and renewing it.
- Wear protective sunglasses. Avoid crow’s feet and prevent wrinkles around your eyes by wearing protective eyewear, as repeated squinting causes these wrinkles.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables that contain powerful antioxidants, such as berries and leafy greens, can help fight against the harmful molecules that damage skin cells.
- Stay hydrated. Water helps keep your body and skin hydrated, giving your skin a radiant glow while helping to rid waste out of your system.
A More Youthful Appearance with Cosmetic Treatments
- Botox™: This popular treatment for facial wrinkles involves injecting Botox™, which relaxes and weakens the muscles beneath the wrinkle. This temporarily prevents the formation of expression type wrinkles, such as frown lines and crow’s feet.
- Wrinkle fillers. Popular wrinkle fillers, such as Juvederm™ and Restylane™, are composed of gel-like compounds that reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and folds.
- Chemical Peels. This process involves applying a safe and gentle chemical solution to the skin of the face, neck and hand, which includes exfoliation of the upper skin layers. This procedure is not only used for the reduction of wrinkles but for the treatment of acne and pigmentation problems as well.