Would you like to smooth facial wrinkles and folds but don't want to undergo plastic surgery? Juvederm offers a minimally invasive way to improve your appearance. The dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Bridgewater, Morristown, Mt. Arlington and Liberty Corner, NJ, offer Juvederm and other cosmetic treatments that will help you look more youthful.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an injectable filler that counteracts the natural effects of aging and loss of facial volume by plumping problem areas with hyaluronic acid. Once volume is restored, wrinkles and folds are much less prominent. The acid is found naturally in your body and hydrates and cushions the skin. Results typically last nine months to one year.
Is Juvederm a good choice for me?
Juvederm is an excellent option if you want firmer, more youthful skin. Injections can help you:
- Combat Saggy Cheeks: Loss of volume in your face can cause your cheeks to sag, increasing wrinkles that make you look older. Juvederm injections increase volume, which lifts your cheeks and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Make Nasolabial Fold Lines Less Prominent: Nasolabial fold lines, the creases that bracket your face from the nose to the mouth, becoming increasingly noticeable as you age. Juvederm treatment offers a simple way to fill in the lines and turn back time.
- Erase Creases: Have you developed creases between your eyes or around your nose? A few injections will help smooth those troublesome lines.
- Fill Lips: Decreased lip volume is very common as you get older. Adding a little hyaluronic acid to your lips adds volume and can help you look a little younger. Are you concerned that your lips will look unnatural if you opt for Juvederm injections? Although some celebrities favor the over-filled look, your Bridgewater, Morristown, Mt. Arlington or Liberty Corner dermatologist can help you achieve a much more subtle look.
- Improve Undereye Hollows: Juvederm is an excellent solution if you have noticeable depressions under your eyes.
- Make Scars Less Noticeable: Acne and other types of scars soften and become less noticeable after just one Juvederm treatment.
Are you ready to enhance your appearance with Juvederm? Call the dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Bridgewater, Morristown, Mt. Arlington and Liberty Corner, NJ, at (973) 267-0300 to schedule an appointment.
Find out how a simple laser treatment could reduce rosacea-induced redness.
Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes visible redness and even swelling of the face, particularly around the nose and cheeks. In some cases, you may even see small blood vessels scattered across the face or the appearance of little red bumps that look like acne. While anyone can develop rosacea, women with fair skin that are over the age of 30 are at an increased risk. Our Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, dermatologists are here to tell you more about rosacea and how this condition can be controlled through different treatment options.
Since the symptoms of rosacea mimic that of other problems like acne, dermatitis, or allergic reactions, it can be difficult for people to realize that they are dealing with rosacea. If you start to notice redness, swelling, and red bumps on your face then it might be time to turn to our Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown skin doctor for a proper diagnosis.
How is rosacea treated?
We offer a revolutionary approach for treating everything from mild to more serious cases of rosacea. Cutera Excel V laser is a non-invasive laser treatment that is effective in reducing symptoms of rosacea and even eliminating visible blood vessels. During your treatment, the handheld laser is directed over the face to reduce redness, swelling, and other symptoms without affecting the healthy skin around it.
Depending on the severity of your symptoms you may notice an improvement in your skin’s appearance after just one laser treatment. It’s common for most patients to undergo anywhere from two to four treatment sessions in order to achieve the optimal results.
Affiliated Dermatologists in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, is here to help you manage your rosacea symptoms. We provide comprehensive dermatological services to meet everyone’s specific skincare needs. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
May is officially Melanoma (Skin Cancer) Awareness Month, a time when patients who may be at risk of this skin disease are encouraged to see their dermatologist. Before you hit the beach this summer, set an appointment at Affiliated Dermatologists in Morristown, Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, and Bridgewater, NJ, for a skin exam.
What Is Melanoma?
Melanoma is the rarest form of skin cancer, but it can also be the most dangerous. It is caused by the growth of abnormal melanocyte cells. The cells look dark or black in color, which is why doctors suggest that patients watch moles closely. If not detected and treated quickly, the disease can spread to other parts of the body. Regular skin exams and early detection are very important. Certain people may have a higher risk of developing this disease including:
- Patients with a family history of melanoma.
- Patients who have very pale skin.
- Young adults who use tanning beds often.
- People who spend long amounts of time in direct sunlight without UV protection (sunscreen, glasses, protective clothing).
Melanoma Awareness Month
Because melanoma is best treated in the early stages, patients are reminded of the importance of seeing a dermatologist for a checkup during Skin Cancer Awareness Month. May is often the first month when patients begin to plan vacations in hot sunny locales. It is also the month when temperatures begin to rise in seasonal areas, like Morristown, Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, and Bridgewater.
Take Care of Your Skin
Learn how to take preventive measures to avoid skin conditions like melanoma during Melanoma Awareness Month. Actions you can take include:
- Wearing the correct sunscreen for your skin type.
- Waiting until late in the day, after 4 p.m. to go outside, or enjoy the outdoors (such as hiking) early in the morning before 10 a.m.
- Wearing a lightweight robe when relaxing by the pool to protect your skin when not swimming.
- Seeing your dermatologist promptly to examine any moles that change in appearance or other unusual skin growths.
Schedule Your Skin Checkup
It only takes a few minutes make an appointment for a skin checkup at Affiliated Dermatologists in Morristown, Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, and Bridgewater, NJ. Call 973-267-0300 today.
Perhaps this year you’ve decided it’s time to say goodbye to those pesky lines and wrinkles on your face and look as good as you feel. It's the perfect time to give your appearance a little makeover and our Morristown, Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner and Bridgewater, NJ, dermatologists have just the thing.
What is Botox?
Botox is a simple cosmetic procedure that uses a series of thin needles that contain a special substance that prevents facial muscles from contracting, which softens the appearance of lines and wrinkles. These injections contain a purified form of botulinum toxin and it’s a great way to temporarily smooth away lines and wrinkles caused by smiling, frowning or squinting.
Is Botox right for me?
If you are someone who hates their forehead wrinkles, lines around the mouth and chin, or crow’s feet (lines around the eyes), then you are in luck. Botox is a fast and easy way to reduce these wrinkles in just a matter of minutes. If you are someone who wants to refresh their skin and get a more youthful appearance without dealing with post-treatment downtime then this could be a great option for you.
How do I get Botox in Morristown, Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner or Bridgewater?
When you come into our office we will examine your skin and talk with you about your specific treatment goals to make sure that Botox will be able to give you the results that you want. From there, we can easily administer the injections, as it only takes a couple of minutes. Of course, we know the idea of having needles injected into your face can seem a bit scary but the needles are so thin that most people don’t notice more than slight pinch before its all over.
Of course, if you still feel a bit squeamish or you have a low pain tolerance then we can apply a numbing ointment to the areas beforehand to ease any discomfort. You won’t immediately see results when you leave our office but you will notice the lines and wrinkles softening over the next few days.
How long do results last?
Unfortunately, Botox results don’t last forever; however, you will enjoy your results for about three to four months. If you love your appearance and wish to keep your results longer you can choose to come back in for follow up treatments.
If you are interested in getting Botox in Morristown, Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner or Bridgewater, NJ. then pick up the phone and call Affiliated Dermatologists. We would be happy to schedule a consultation. Isn’t it time you felt better about your appearance?
Looking younger doesn't have to involve complicated procedures with long recovery periods. Injectable Juvederm offers a simple way to smooth the lines and wrinkles that make you look older or tired. The dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, share a few things you should know about Juvederm.
What is Juvederm?
Juvederm treatment increases facial volume and plumps sagging skin, decreasing lines and wrinkles. The filler is composed of hyaluronic acid, a fluid that's naturally found in your body.
Who can benefit from Juvederm in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown?
Juvederm can improve your appearance if you have moderate to severe lines, wrinkles, and folds. It's an excellent choice if you're concerned about:
- Loss of Volume in Your Cheeks: Loss of volume is an unfortunate consequence of aging that can cause your cheeks to sag. Adding a little Juvederm lifts your cheeks, enhancing your appearance.
- Nasolabial Fold and Marionette Lines: Nasolabial fold lines reach from your nose to the corners of your mouth, while marionette lines extend downward from the corners of your lines. Both types of lines can be softened with Juvederm.
- Thin Lips: Collagen improves the elasticity of your skin and keeps your lips full. As you age, collagen production begins to decline, which can thin your lips. Juvederm plumps the lips, restoring the lost volume.
- Vertical Lip Lines: Vertical lip lines due to smoking or aging disappear after Juvederm treatment.
- Creases: Juvederm is also a good solution if you have creases around your nose or between your eyes.
- Under Eye Issues: Loss of volume due to aging is particularly noticeable under your eyes. Juvederm restores volume and offers natural-looking results.
- Scars: Do you have a few noticeable scars after a teenage battle with acne? Juvederm injections can fill those depressions that have plagued you for years.
How long will Juvederm results last?
Juvederm is gradually absorbed by your body and generally lasts nine to 12 months. Fortunately, it's easy to maintain your improved appearance by scheduling regular follow up appointments. Call the dermatologists at Affiliated Dermatologists in Mt. Arlington, Liberty Corner, Bridgewater, and Morristown, NJ, at (973) 267-0300.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.